21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
- JUST IN: RS Chair studying impeachment notice to consult with legal luminaries: Sources
- A senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu has apologised for his Facebook comments on journalists
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
Rapist held for another bid on 77-year-old woman
Covai Post Network
March 7, 2018
Kochi: A 30-year-old rapist and murder accused landed in jail for the second time for attempting to rape an elderly woman in Patthanamthitta.
Facing charges of rape and murder of an elderly woman a few years back, Sabir was on prowl to rape the 77-year-old woman whom he had tried to rape a few years back. He was held and tried and was sentenced for over three years in jail.
He was obsessed with the septuagenarian that he decided to rape her hiding his identity, police said. With this plan he waited in the backyard of the house of the woman on Monday night.
When she came out to fetch water, the accused tossed a cloth on her head from behind and tried to rape her. She raised alarm alerting the neighbours who rushed to the scene and nabbed him.