22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
SC rules Hadiya’s marriage valid, lets NIA continue with probe
Covai Post Network
March 8, 2018
Kochi: The Supreme Court today ruled Hadiya’s marriage with Shefin Jahan valid, quashing Kerala High Court’s order annulling the marriage.The court said Hadiya could pursue her studies in Tamil Nadu.
However, the court allowed the NIA to continue the probe about Shefin’s activities. Shefin had challenged the High Court ruling in the Supreme Court.
The high court annulled the marriage on May 24, 2017, while disposing of a habeas corpus petition filed by her father Asokan after she went missing from the homoeo medical college in Salem.The court had ordered protection for her under her father.