21 Jul 2018, Edition - 1103, Saturday
- Crimes against women increasing, women no more safe in India, says Cong President Rahul Gandhi
- 40 people gang-raped a 22-year-old girl for four days in a government guest house in Panchkula
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi, Mallikarjun Kharge and Jyotiraditya Scindia to be speakers for Congress
- TRS decides to criticise the government, to stage walk-out
- AIADMK to support the government in Lok Sabha today
- PM Modi meets top ministers in the parliament
- BJP President Amit Shah arrives at the parliament
SC rules Hadiya’s marriage valid, lets NIA continue with probe
Covai Post Network
March 8, 2018
Kochi: The Supreme Court today ruled Hadiya’s marriage with Shefin Jahan valid, quashing Kerala High Court’s order annulling the marriage.The court said Hadiya could pursue her studies in Tamil Nadu.
However, the court allowed the NIA to continue the probe about Shefin’s activities. Shefin had challenged the High Court ruling in the Supreme Court.
The high court annulled the marriage on May 24, 2017, while disposing of a habeas corpus petition filed by her father Asokan after she went missing from the homoeo medical college in Salem.The court had ordered protection for her under her father.