• Download mobile app
20 Jan 2018, Edition - 921, Saturday

FLASH NEWS:

  • BJP MP @Swamy39 speaks on Election Commission’s disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
  • Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal must step down, says Congress spokesperson Tom Vadakkan
  • 24-yr-old ABVP activist hacked to death in Kannur District
  • Two teenagers bleed to death on the road as UP Police, unwilling to ‘soil car with blood’, refuse to help
  • Two bombs found near Bodh Gaya pilgrimage centre in Bihar
  • Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has stabbed people in the back, says Sambit Patra, BJP spokesperson
  • On camera: Karni Sena supporters ransack movie hall in Haryana’s Faridabad
  • Bellandur lake in Bengaluru catches fire again, 5,000 jawans to the rescue

Kerala News

Scribe refuses to withdraw case against Saseendran

Covai Post Network

Former Minister A.K. Saseendran’s plans to return to the government received a jolt with the woman journalist filing a petition in the High Court pleading to withdraw her earlier petition seeking to quash the case against him.

The journalist’s sudden ‘U’ turn has virtually shut the door on Saseendran’s return to the Cabinet.

The female scribe had filed a petition in the court to settle the case amicably with Saseendran leading to speculations making his becoming minister once again bright.

The Kerala police had registered a case against Saseendran of the NCP following directions from a sessions court over a complaint filed by the journalist. She had filed a case against him for alleged sleaze phone chat by Saseendran with her.

However, the journalist approached the High Court two months back stating that all issues have been resolved and sought permission to withdraw petition from the lower court.

In March last year, Saseendran, who was the Transport Minister, resigned over an audio clip in which he was heard having a lewd telephonic conversation with a woman journalist of a television channel and it was telecast the day the channel began commercial operations.