27 Apr 2018, Edition - 1018, Friday
- Kushinagar accident: Principal of Divine Public School has been arrested
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reacts on Kushinagar accident that claimed lives of 13 children this morning
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif disqualified for holding a UAE visa
- IDFC Mutual fund is valued around 6% – 8% of its asset under management, which is currently more than ₹70,000 crore
- The revelation comes at a time when PNB is launching its own measures to nab the economic offenders
- Apollo Hospital makes startling submission, says ‘don’t have Jayalalithaa’s biological samples’
- Fresh twist to Jaya legacy row, Apollo Hospital makes stunning submission, ‘don’t have Jaya’s biological samples’
- After 13 children die due to ‘negligence’, ‘negligent’ school officials go absconding, school Principal and Manager go missing
- After Madras HC orders CBI probe, DMK demands T.N Health Minister’s resignation
- The social media giant reported $4.98 billion in profit — up from $4.26 billion in the last quarter
Six children drown as boat capsizes in Malapuram
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
Six children – four girls and two boys – drowned when a country boat capsized in Naranipzha backwater at Changaramkulam in Malapuram district on Tuesday.
The deceased have been identified as Prasanna (12), Adidev (4), Vaishnav (15), Puja (14), Jeneesh (8) and Abhilash. All the kids are natives of Changaramkulam.
The tragedy occurred when eight children including five girls went for a fun journey through the backwater when the boat capsized at 5.30 p.m. The boatman, Mappillakal Velayudhan, and two other children Fathima and Shivagi, were rescued and have been been admitted to the Government Medical College Hospital in Thrissur.