21 Jul 2018, Edition - 1103, Saturday
- Chinese President Xi Jinping arrives in Africa on a four-nation visit seeking deeper military and economic ties
- BJP conference on winning no-trust vote held by BJP leader G. V. L. Narasimha Rao
- ‘This crime is unacceptable’, says Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on mob lynching incident in Alwar
- Number of girls in IITs distressingly low, this needs to increase: President Ram Nath Kovind
- PM Narendra Modi said the NDA had the ‘confidence of the Lok Sabha and the 125 crore people of India’
- More than 500 DMK cadres were detained by police for showing black flag to Governor for conducting review meetings
Six children drown as boat capsizes in Malapuram
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
Six children – four girls and two boys – drowned when a country boat capsized in Naranipzha backwater at Changaramkulam in Malapuram district on Tuesday.
The deceased have been identified as Prasanna (12), Adidev (4), Vaishnav (15), Puja (14), Jeneesh (8) and Abhilash. All the kids are natives of Changaramkulam.
The tragedy occurred when eight children including five girls went for a fun journey through the backwater when the boat capsized at 5.30 p.m. The boatman, Mappillakal Velayudhan, and two other children Fathima and Shivagi, were rescued and have been been admitted to the Government Medical College Hospital in Thrissur.