- Download mobile app
22 Jan 2018, Edition - 923, Monday
- PM Modi lands in Zurich, Switzerland Will attend the World Economic Forum at Davos on Tuesday
- PM Modi lands in Zurich, Switzerland
- Karni Sena approaches Supreme Court against the release of film Padmaavat
- Govt hospital in Karnataka turns gambling denDoctors, Nurses seen gambling Patients left unattended
- We should go for comprehensive electoral reforms, says D. Raj, CPI
- Half of the country believes nation is in job crisis
- I work as much as I can for the people, says PM Narendramodi
- The country should be mukt of corruption, says Abid Rasool, Congress
- This is not a Congress vs BJP issue, says NC Spokesperson Sameer Kaul
- I want to unite people with humanitarian values, PM Narendramodi
Six children drown as boat capsizes in Malapuram
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
Six children – four girls and two boys – drowned when a country boat capsized in Naranipzha backwater at Changaramkulam in Malapuram district on Tuesday.
The deceased have been identified as Prasanna (12), Adidev (4), Vaishnav (15), Puja (14), Jeneesh (8) and Abhilash. All the kids are natives of Changaramkulam.
The tragedy occurred when eight children including five girls went for a fun journey through the backwater when the boat capsized at 5.30 p.m. The boatman, Mappillakal Velayudhan, and two other children Fathima and Shivagi, were rescued and have been been admitted to the Government Medical College Hospital in Thrissur.