18 Aug 2018, Edition - 1131, Saturday
- The former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan has passed away, a statement by the United Nations said
- Odisha government sent a 240-member fire services team to carry out rescue operations in flood-ravaged Kerala
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar donates 10 crore for Kerala
- 500 crore relief package announced for Kerala
- PM Modi undertakes aerial survey of Kerala
- Imran Khan Takes Oath As Pakistan’s New Prime Minister
- KeralaFloods : PM Modi announces Rs 500 crore aid as immediate assistance to the state
- Kerala floods: Virat Kohli, Sunil Chhetri, Sania Mirza come out urging people for help
- 106 die in a day in flood-hit Kerala
- PML-N president and the brother of jailed former Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif, managed to secure just 96 seats
Sreejit’s widow gets job as class three employee in Paravur Thaluk office
Covai Post Network
May 17, 2018
Kozhikkode: The government today provided a job to the widow of Sreejit who died in custody at Varapuzha in Kochi.
A solatium of Rs 10 lakh was also handed over to Akhila by Ernakulam district Collector Mohammad Y Zaffirullah. She has got a job as class three employee in North Paravur Taluk Office.
Ernakulam rural SP A V George has been suspended, while North Paravur circle inspector Crispin Sam and Sub inspector Deepak of Varapuzha and three other junior policemen have been already arrested in connection with the case.
Sreejith, 26, was arrested in connection with the suicide of 56-year-old Vasudevan after a group threatened him of serious consequences following an issue with the neighbour.
The police took Sreejith and nine others into custody on April 7 and charged them with abetment to suicide and rioting. Sreejith died on April 9.