20 Mar 2018, Edition - 980, Tuesday
- PM Narendra Modi condoles death of 39 Indians
- President Ram Nath Kovind condoles the death of 39 Indians
- Google is now working with both Unity and Cocos in order to provide IDE support for the Instant Apps feature
- BJP knows how to do politics over death, says MP Jyotiraditya Scindia
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has said that Congress’ behavior in Lok Sabha has crossed all the limits
- JNU professor Atul Johri detained after charges of sexual misconduct were filed against him
- J&K: Encounter underway in Kupwara as 3 terrorists are holed up
- Rajya Sabha Chairman M. Venkaiah Naidu cancels official dinner for MPs on March 21 because of the impasse in the house
- The government must apologise to families, says Congress leader Randeep Surjewala
- MP Jyotiraditya Scindia responds to the criticism he faced by EAM Sushma Swaraj over allegedly disrupting the Lok Sabha
Suresh Gopi gets anticipatory bail in car registration case
Covai Post Network
January 10, 2018
Kochi: Politician-turned-actor Suresh Gopi, MP of the BJP, was granted bail by Kerala High Court in connection with registration of his cars in Puducherry showing fake address.
Directing Gopi to deposit a bond of Rs 1 lakh as security deposit, the court told him to appear before the investigation team on all Saturdays and not make any attempts to influence the investigation.
Gopi had filed anticipatory bail petition before the court which directed him to first appear before the crime branch probing the case.
Actors Fahadh Faasil and Amala Paul are also facing similar charges.
While Fahadh was arrested and released on getting anticipatory bail, Amala’s bail plea was postponed to give her time to appear before the crime branch.