- Download mobile app
20 Jan 2018, Edition - 921, Saturday
- BJP MP @Swamy39 speaks on Election Commission’s disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal must step down, says Congress spokesperson Tom Vadakkan
- 24-yr-old ABVP activist hacked to death in Kannur District
- Two teenagers bleed to death on the road as UP Police, unwilling to ‘soil car with blood’, refuse to help
- Two bombs found near Bodh Gaya pilgrimage centre in Bihar
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has stabbed people in the back, says Sambit Patra, BJP spokesperson
- On camera: Karni Sena supporters ransack movie hall in Haryana’s Faridabad
- Bellandur lake in Bengaluru catches fire again, 5,000 jawans to the rescue
Suresh Gopi gets anticipatory bail in car registration case
Covai Post Network
January 10, 2018
Kochi: Politician-turned-actor Suresh Gopi, MP of the BJP, was granted bail by Kerala High Court in connection with registration of his cars in Puducherry showing fake address.
Directing Gopi to deposit a bond of Rs 1 lakh as security deposit, the court told him to appear before the investigation team on all Saturdays and not make any attempts to influence the investigation.
Gopi had filed anticipatory bail petition before the court which directed him to first appear before the crime branch probing the case.
Actors Fahadh Faasil and Amala Paul are also facing similar charges.
While Fahadh was arrested and released on getting anticipatory bail, Amala’s bail plea was postponed to give her time to appear before the crime branch.