17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
Teen daughter, mother used to settle father’s debts in Kollam
Covai Post Network
May 16, 2018
Kochi: A teenaged daughter and her mother were made instruments to settle the debts taken by the head of the family. The 16-year-old girl and her mother were offered to the friend of the girl’s father as he could not repay the dues he had taken, according to reports.
The girl was raped multiple times at different locations. The mother and a relative have been arrested and the father and two others are absconding underground.
ALSO READ : Two Coimbatore girls make suicide bid after announcement of Class 12 results
The girl gave a statement that she had been raped by father’s friend, a relative, since 2016. This happened at a farm house in Kollam many times.
Her mother confessed to being aware of it but did nothing to save her daughter. The girl’s grandmother took the teenager with her but the parents took her back to Thenmala near Kollam where their relative raped her.