26 May 2018, Edition - 1047, Saturday
- Congress-JD(S) win trust vote in Assembly
- Major Gogoi controversy: Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat breaks silence, says ‘errant officers will be punished’
- All five accused in 2013 Bodhgaya blast found guilty by Patna court
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina is on her two-day visit to West Bengal on the invitation of PM Modi
- BJP in a huddle ahead of floor test, Karnataka BJP MLAs hold meet
- H D Kumaraswamy to face floor test today, JD(S) MLAs reach Vidhana Soudha, MLAs brought from luxury resort
- Cracks emerge between Cong-JDS, rift arises even before floor test, fight over RR Nagar Constituency
- Bitterness in Cong ahead of trust vote, D K Shivkumar skipped key meet yesterday, ready to rule; Cong house not in order?
- Ahead of floor test in Karnataka, reports suggest fresh new twist, ‘Cong may not back HDK for 5 years’
- Fresh Pak provocation along LoC, forces foil infiltration bid in Keran sector, terrorists nabbed by security forces
Teen daughter, mother used to settle father’s debts in Kollam
Covai Post Network
May 16, 2018
Kochi: A teenaged daughter and her mother were made instruments to settle the debts taken by the head of the family. The 16-year-old girl and her mother were offered to the friend of the girl’s father as he could not repay the dues he had taken, according to reports.
The girl was raped multiple times at different locations. The mother and a relative have been arrested and the father and two others are absconding underground.
ALSO READ : Two Coimbatore girls make suicide bid after announcement of Class 12 results
The girl gave a statement that she had been raped by father’s friend, a relative, since 2016. This happened at a farm house in Kollam many times.
Her mother confessed to being aware of it but did nothing to save her daughter. The girl’s grandmother took the teenager with her but the parents took her back to Thenmala near Kollam where their relative raped her.