27 Apr 2018, Edition - 1018, Friday
- Kushinagar accident: Principal of Divine Public School has been arrested
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reacts on Kushinagar accident that claimed lives of 13 children this morning
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif disqualified for holding a UAE visa
- IDFC Mutual fund is valued around 6% – 8% of its asset under management, which is currently more than ₹70,000 crore
- The revelation comes at a time when PNB is launching its own measures to nab the economic offenders
- Apollo Hospital makes startling submission, says ‘don’t have Jayalalithaa’s biological samples’
- Fresh twist to Jaya legacy row, Apollo Hospital makes stunning submission, ‘don’t have Jaya’s biological samples’
- After 13 children die due to ‘negligence’, ‘negligent’ school officials go absconding, school Principal and Manager go missing
- After Madras HC orders CBI probe, DMK demands T.N Health Minister’s resignation
- The social media giant reported $4.98 billion in profit — up from $4.26 billion in the last quarter
There will be no load shedding this summer: Minister
Covai Post Network
December 20, 2017
The Government will take all steps to avoid load shedding or power cuts in the State coming summer, Power Minister M.M. Mani said.
The KSEB has entered into long term pacts with other States producing excess eletricity to meet the power requirement of the State, the Minister told reporters at Thiruvananthapuram.
“Water level in all the dams is quite comfortable this year as there has been good rains. Still we cannot depend on hydel power plants,” Mani said and added that hydel power plants were contributing only 30 per cent to the total power requirement of the State.