21 Jul 2018, Edition - 1103, Saturday
- Chinese President Xi Jinping arrives in Africa on a four-nation visit seeking deeper military and economic ties
- BJP conference on winning no-trust vote held by BJP leader G. V. L. Narasimha Rao
- ‘This crime is unacceptable’, says Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on mob lynching incident in Alwar
- Number of girls in IITs distressingly low, this needs to increase: President Ram Nath Kovind
- PM Narendra Modi said the NDA had the ‘confidence of the Lok Sabha and the 125 crore people of India’
- More than 500 DMK cadres were detained by police for showing black flag to Governor for conducting review meetings
There will be no load shedding this summer: Minister
Covai Post Network
December 20, 2017
The Government will take all steps to avoid load shedding or power cuts in the State coming summer, Power Minister M.M. Mani said.
The KSEB has entered into long term pacts with other States producing excess eletricity to meet the power requirement of the State, the Minister told reporters at Thiruvananthapuram.
“Water level in all the dams is quite comfortable this year as there has been good rains. Still we cannot depend on hydel power plants,” Mani said and added that hydel power plants were contributing only 30 per cent to the total power requirement of the State.