27 Apr 2018, Edition - 1018, Friday
- Kushinagar accident: Principal of Divine Public School has been arrested
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reacts on Kushinagar accident that claimed lives of 13 children this morning
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif disqualified for holding a UAE visa
- IDFC Mutual fund is valued around 6% – 8% of its asset under management, which is currently more than ₹70,000 crore
- The revelation comes at a time when PNB is launching its own measures to nab the economic offenders
- Apollo Hospital makes startling submission, says ‘don’t have Jayalalithaa’s biological samples’
- Fresh twist to Jaya legacy row, Apollo Hospital makes stunning submission, ‘don’t have Jaya’s biological samples’
- After 13 children die due to ‘negligence’, ‘negligent’ school officials go absconding, school Principal and Manager go missing
- After Madras HC orders CBI probe, DMK demands T.N Health Minister’s resignation
- The social media giant reported $4.98 billion in profit — up from $4.26 billion in the last quarter
Valapattanam in Kannur among top 10 cop stations in country ; Coimbatore tops
Covai Post Network
January 7, 2018
Kottayam: Valapattanam in Kannur earned the rare honour to be become the first police station in Kerala to join top ten police stations in the country.
Valapattanam is on the ninth position while R.S. Puram station in Coimbatore proudly sits on the top. Started in 1905, the Valapattanam station got the recognition after crossing many milestones.
Thirty features were considered while grading the station. These include investigation merit, law and order maintenance, process of handling cases, police public relations and cleanliness. It took six months for the central team to make the rankings. They conducted house visits to get feedback from the public.
The rankings were announced by the Union Home Minister in New Delhi.
Chief Minister has appreciated the police station for the recognition. The police station has made the state proud, he said.