26 Apr 2018, Edition - 1017, Thursday
- Kushinagar accident: Principal of Divine Public School has been arrested
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reacts on Kushinagar accident that claimed lives of 13 children this morning
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif disqualified for holding a UAE visa
- IDFC Mutual fund is valued around 6% – 8% of its asset under management, which is currently more than ₹70,000 crore
- The revelation comes at a time when PNB is launching its own measures to nab the economic offenders
- Apollo Hospital makes startling submission, says ‘don’t have Jayalalithaa’s biological samples’
- Fresh twist to Jaya legacy row, Apollo Hospital makes stunning submission, ‘don’t have Jaya’s biological samples’
- After 13 children die due to ‘negligence’, ‘negligent’ school officials go absconding, school Principal and Manager go missing
- After Madras HC orders CBI probe, DMK demands T.N Health Minister’s resignation
- The social media giant reported $4.98 billion in profit — up from $4.26 billion in the last quarter
Vigilance courts directs registration of FIR against Thomas Chandy
Covai Post Network
January 4, 2018
Kochi: The vigilance court in Kottayam directed the vigilance department to register an FIR against former Minister Thomas Chandy under Prevention of Corruption Act for illegally laying a road to his Lake Palace Resort in Alappuzha.
The court directed vigilance to submit the FIR in two weeks. This was done as the vigilance had taken about two months to probe a petition filed by an Alappuzha native against Chandy in November last year.
Admitting the private petition, the court had directed vigilance to investigate and report to it.
The vigilance report said there was conspiracy and violation of Wetland Conservation Act. It also sought investigation into the roles of Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien and former MP KE Ismail in using MP funds for laying the road from Valiyakulam to Zero Jetty.
Vigilance range superintendent of police PM Johnson Joseph also sought action against Chandy in a letter sent to DGP Loknath Behera. The vigilance may move against the former Collector and senior government officials who facilitated laying of the road.