16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Won’t allow Sabarimala to be Thailand by letting women in, says devaswom chief
Covai Post Network
October 14, 2017
Image credit : illustrative image
Kottayam: Travancore Devaswom Board president Prayar Gopalakrishnan has come out against allowing entry of women into the Sabarimala shrine, claiming that it ‘will not be allowed to become a Thailand’.
In a statement with derogatory undertones, he said that even if the Supreme Court allowed women of all ages to enter the hill shrine, ‘dignified women’ would prefer not to visit the temple.
Entry of a large number of women to the temple would require a strong posse of policewomen to take care of their security, he told mediapersons. The presence of a large women police force would call for additional policemen to protect them, he added.