25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Sabarimala will be renamed as Sabarimala Sree Dharma Sastha temple from tomorrow
Covai Post Network
January 2, 2018
Kottayam: The hill shrine of Sabarimala is all set to get the new name of Sabarimala Sree Dharma Sastha Temple tomorrow.
A meeting of the Travancore Devaswom board will be held to ratify the decision taken last year by Congress appointed nominees.
The Board had issued an order changing the name of the temple on October 5. In official records, the temple, is identified as Sabarimala Sree Dharma Sastha Temple.
The Board is an autonomous body and manages 1,248 temples, including Sabarimala.