25 Sep 2018, Edition - 1169, Tuesday
- Another big SC verdict tomorrow: Top court to decide if court proceedings should be live streamed
- SC’s Aadhaar judgement tomorrow
- PM Modi unable to answer our questions, says Congress President Rahul Gandhi
- NC accepts Junaid Mattu’s resignation
- National Conference spokesperson Junaid Azim Mattu resigns from party to contest civic polls from Srinagar
- ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ is not only an electoral phrase. It is our way, says PM Modi
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: FIR filed against Missionaries of Jesus for revealing the identity of the victim
- BJP President Amit Shah addresses mega-rally in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Court directs issue of notice in 19 year old murder case against UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- The country won’t be distracted by Rahul Gandhi’s shameless lie: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Law Minister
Case registered against woman for torturing 90-year-old grandmother
Covai Post Network
March 19, 2018
KOCHI: Police have registered a case against a 40-year-old woman for physically assaulting and torturing her 90-year-old grandmother at Ayikkara in Kannur.
According to police, they have registered the case against Deepa on the charge of torturing her grandmother Kalyani, after the video went viral in social media.
Police said there are visible injury marks on the victim’s body. Kalyani, however, was not willing to give a statement against her grand daughter.
The video was shot by her neighbours, who claimed that they tried to prevent Deepa from torturing Kalyani. They also alleged that Deepa, unable to take their advice, started hitting the 90-year-old in public, during which time they captured it in their cell phones.