22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
CPM chides Isaac too for self-promotion through Washington Post article
Covai Post Network
November 14, 2017
Kochi: The CPM Kerala leadership, which blasted firebrand leader P Jayarajan for attempts at self-promotion, did not spare even Finance Minister Thomas Isaac for his recent The Washington Post interview.
The report titled ‘One of the few places where a communist can still dream’ had glorified leaders like Isaac for strengthening the party in the State. Several leaders and social reformers whose efforts helped in building the communist movement did not find mention in the report.
The Washington Post reporters travelled with Issac to bring out the report which has annoyed the CPM.
Issac blamed the reporters of the US-based newspaper for misinterpreting him.