23 Sep 2018, Edition - 1167, Sunday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Fire on cargo ship off Kochi coast, one hurt
Covai Post Network
June 14, 2018
Kochi: A crew member was injured seriously when an Indian cargo ship bound for Colombo caught fire off Kochi coast on Wednesday night.
The ship ‘mv Nalini’, coming from Mundra port in Gujarat, had 22 crew on board. The fire, which took place in the engine room with an explosion, was brought under control, Indian Navy sources said.
ALSO READ : Misappropriation of funds in afforestation project: Cases filed against three
The Navy swung into action by sending a helicopter to rescue the crew members after intercepting a distress message from the ship.
Coast Guard vessel ‘Charlie’ also took part in rescue operation which was hampered by darkness and inclement weather conditions.