24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- Govt rejects JPC demand, 10-point justification issued, ‘CAG, CVC looking into matter’
- Flood threat looms over Punjab, CM Amarinder Singh holds high-level meet; schools, colleges shut tomorrow
- Crucial meet on SC/ST act at 4pm today
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
HC rejects Dileep plea to put off trial
Covai Post Network
March 12, 2018
Kochi: Kerala High Court today rejected actor Dileep’s plea to postpone the beginning of the trial of actor abuse case in which he is an accused.
The trial will begin in the District Sessions Court on Wednesday. Dileep had said he had not received all the evidence collected against him by the police, including the objectionable clippings of the actor taken in a car in February last year.
He argued the trial should not begin until he had received all evidence which was his right as an accused The court will further hear arguments in connection with getting the clippings on March 21.
Earlier, Dileep’s plea in this regard was rejected by Angamali Magistrate’s court.