25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
HC rejects Dileep plea to put off trial
Covai Post Network
March 12, 2018
Kochi: Kerala High Court today rejected actor Dileep’s plea to postpone the beginning of the trial of actor abuse case in which he is an accused.
The trial will begin in the District Sessions Court on Wednesday. Dileep had said he had not received all the evidence collected against him by the police, including the objectionable clippings of the actor taken in a car in February last year.
He argued the trial should not begin until he had received all evidence which was his right as an accused The court will further hear arguments in connection with getting the clippings on March 21.
Earlier, Dileep’s plea in this regard was rejected by Angamali Magistrate’s court.