19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Women staff in Kerala excise allege harassment
Covai Post Network
March 13, 2018
Kochi: A group of women employees in the excise department alleged sexual harassment at workplace in the State.
The department, which had started appointing women since 2014, posted three batches till now. They lodged complaint with the Humans Rights Commission, the Excise Minister and the Excise Commissioner.
The Commissioner sought report from all deputy excise commissioners within three days. In many places they were forced to work with male colleagues who were alcoholic.
“Deputy excise commissioner to constables see us with wrong intention. Those who budge to their desires can work peacefully,” the complaint said.
Most times, women employees were summoned at night for trivial work and not allowed to go home. They sought opening of women’s range office under circle offices and a system to redress their grievances. The women complained that there were no comfort stations in range office for them.